KV1310 Varicap diodes

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.

KV1310 Varicap diodes

Postby jax » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Does anyone know were i can get some KV1310 varicap diodes are these now obsolete i can't find anyone who sells them, i want to have a go at building the nrg/veronica 1 watt pll fm transmitter and this this is the only part i can't find.
jax
Technical Neck

Re: KV1310 Varicap diodes

Postby DannyRWD » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:09 pm

A very expensive build for what you get at the end. Mv104 should suit as a alternative. Brimestone once told me how.to get.around a varicap on the cheap ill try dig it out later for you never tried it myself tho.
DannyRWD
big in da game, trust

Postby RigDoctor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 am

I think the NRG / Veronica boards used doubled headed 35pF varicaps, you can experiment with them, goto to Cricklewood website, their have something that matches, you can probably just use 2 bb805 together.

http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/C ... hp?cat=275

Nearly 500 diode products
The quieter you become, The more you can hear.
RigDoctor
Technical Neck

Postby Albert H » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:52 pm

You want REALLY cheap varicaps? Use green LEDs reverse biased. They work superbly. Green ones seem to give the biggest range of capacitance, but any colour works OK.

It's best to black the LEDs out or you'll modulate your signal with any light that falls on them - testing a board using them in a room with fluorescent lights taught me that! (Couldn't get rid of the hum!).
Albert H
More neck than a giraffe

Postby prime » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:16 am

That is really strange, i found quite a few the other day. How many do you need? i'll send you some if you want
prime
who u callin ne guy bruv?

Postby jax » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:49 pm

I found a few i had from years ago, thanks for the offer prime
jax
Technical Neck

Postby prime » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:56 am

No worries. I remember having a really hard time finding these so i used some other device but then one day i found some and bought a load.
prime
who u callin ne guy bruv?

Postby DJAE » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:06 pm

You can use 2 back to back 909s, or a mv2106/2107
"When you are face to face with a difficulty you are up against a discovery" - Lord Kelvin
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing..." Socrates
"Man is the product of his thoughts; what he thinks he becomes" - Gandhi
DJAE
Technical Neck

Return to Anorak Corner